Contouring/Contorneo

                         


Contouring is a makeup trend that while not new with the professionals, is rapidly gaining in popularity among amateur makeup enthusiasts. I had been wanting to try it, but for some reason I was intimidated. After seeing for about the thousandth time how much of a difference it could make in your face, I decided to go for it.


El contorneo es una moda del maquillaje que mientras no es nueva para los profesionales, está acelerando rápidamente de popularidad entre las maquilladoras aficionadas. Lo quería probar desde antes, pero por alguna razón me intimidaba intentarlo. Después de ver por la millonésima vez la capacidad que tiene de hacer tanta diferencia en la cara, decidí lanzarme.


 Based on a recommendation from another blog, I decided to go with this contouring kit and brush from Sephora because it is supposedly good for beginners. 

                                                            

Siguiendo una recomendación de otro blog, decidí comprar este juego y cepillo de Sephora porque supuestemente es bueno para las principiantes.



There are thousands of diagrams for contouring. I used this one. Hay miles de diagramas que explican el contorneo. Yo usé ésta. 


Foundation only. / Con base sólamente.


After contouring. / Después de contornar.


Completed Makeup. / Completamente maquillada. 



I can definitely tell a difference. I couldn't believe how much thinner it made my face look. The kit was pretty easy to use following the diagram, and it only added about two minutes to my makeup routine. 

Definitivamente noté la diferencia. No pude creer como adelgazó a mi cara. El juego era básicamente fácil para usar siguiendo la diagrama, y sólamente añadió dos minutos a mi rutina de maquillaje.


Depending on your comfort and experience with makeup, you might prefer a cream kit instead of powder like this one. I am thinking trying it myself. I also like how it includes shades for covering redness. 

Dependiente de tu comodidad y experiencia con el maquillaje, tal vez preferirías un juego de cremas in vez de polvos como éste. También me gusta como este juego incluye sombras para cubrir la rojez.




All in all, I am glad I tried the contouring technique.  It is now part of my daily makeup routine. If you have been wanting to try it, but are afraid you won't be able to do it, I promise it is so much easier than you think!

Considerando todo, estoy contenta de haber probado la técnica del contorneo. Ahora es parte de mi rutina diara de maquillarme. Si quieres probarlo, pero tienes miedo de no poder hacerlo bien, te lo prometo que es mucho más fácil de lo que estás pensando!




9 comments

  1. Such a fab tutorial! I'll be on the hunt for this kit for sure!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    xx

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing on Anastasia contour kit since long, lovely results I must say :)
    Thanks for sharing girl!
    xoxo

    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only really learnt to contour in the past year or so and I love being able to do it now! Yours look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that highlighting guide is s helpful! thanks :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still learning how to contour, so this is super helpful! P.S. You look absolutely stunning in your photos! Thanks so much for sharing this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did so well! Seriously, gorgeous job! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I am obsessed with the anastasia contour kit. <3 thanks for sharing xo

    www.brigetteramos.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Contouring becomes essential for me as my face is round. I use Mac Skinfinish powder for it. I liked how you kept things simple.

    ReplyDelete