6 Behaviors You should not tolerate in a woman

As I promised in my first article about behaviors I refuse to tolerate in a man, here is part two of the series, because the road goes both ways, after all. I am a woman, but I do know a lot of guys, and I have observed a lot of bad things women do in relationships that aren't fair to men. Hell, I'm not above admitting that I've even been guilty of some of these bad behaviors myself. That being said, I've tried to learn from them to make myself a better woman to be involved with. So without further delay, here are 6 behaviors you should not tolerate in a woman:

Image Source
1. Constant Criticism. A whole lot of women do this. I've been guilty of doing this. But ladies, we've got to stop. By nature, we tend to have a certain way we want things done, and when guys don't do it exactly that way, we tend to jump down their throats for it. They might have done a thousand other good things for us that day, but we zoom in on the one thing that, in our opinion, needs improvement and we give them grief for it. We have to stop doing that. Men need to feel appreciated by women. If you aren't appreciating them properly, at some point, some other woman will. If he's feeling starved enough for those precious words of affirmation, it could put your relationship in a very precarious position. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Image Source

2. Constant Complaining. This kind of ties in with number one. No one likes to be around someone who complains all the time. Even if you aren't complaining specifically about something your boyfriend/husband did, it can have a similar affect. Men take pride in making their girlfriends and wives happy. When you're not happy, they tend to feel personally responsible for it. If you complain about a restaurant during your entire meal, your man feels like he's failed to treat you to a decent dinner. When you complain all the time about how much you hate your house, your man feels like he has failed to provide you with a good-enough living space. Even if you don't mean to be insulting him, the "man-speak" translation for what you're saying to him by complaining all the time is that he doesn't make you happy. And he shouldn't have to feel that way. 

Image Source

3. Jealousy. I wrote about this in the first article, but it works the same way for women. Unless you have first-hand knowledge that another woman is trying to infringe on your right to your boyfriend/husband's physical affection, emotional/physical intimacy, or romantic love, then don't accuse him of it. And if you do have first-hand knowledge of this behavior, then you need to seriously evaluate whether or not you should continue to stay in the relationship. Even if your guy is cheating, going through his phone, and secretly following him around makes you look like  the bad guy because you are behaving like a psycho. It's a major turn-off. Plus, if they actually aren't cheating, there are a lot of guys who will figure,"If I'm going to be accused of this no matter what I do, then why not just go ahead and do it? I'm already being punished for it anyway." That's not a place you want to find yourself in.

Image Source
4. Excessive Insecurity. I'm a woman, and I understand that insecurity is practically inevitable. Would I love to be a few pounds lighter? Sure. Would I love to have nice big movie star teeth? Absolutely. Do I wish I made more money or had a nicer house? Of course. But something that's important to remember is this: If I'm with a guy, that means he freely chose to be with me, after having seen my body weight and my teeth, and knowing where I live and work. Guys get tired of women constantly asking, "Does this make me look fat?" or "Is she prettier than me?" Confidence is sexy. That level of insecurity isn't. Remember, guys are self-conscious too! While part of being in a relationship is reassuring your partner, feeling like you don't get anywhere no matter how much reassuring you do gets old really fast. Furthermore, if you constantly talk about how bad you suck, you just might end up convincing him!

Image Source

5. Withholding physical affection.  This is a big no-no. Guys arguably crave physical affection more than women. I believe that some women can feel fulfilled just by sharing emotional intimacy with a man. Women don't really compartmentalize stress well, so sometimes it can be hard for us to take our minds off of our busy lives and make time for physical love. However, it's easy to forget that for men, it doesn't work that way. Men yearn for physical intimacy. If that isn't happening, they can start feeling disconnected and discarded, even though that wasn't the intention. While there is no "magic number," figure out what works for you and try to make it a priority. Your man will thank you. And never, never, NEVER use physical love as a tool to punish or manipulate your partner. It's just bad business.

Image Source

6. Being a stick in the mud.  The older you get, the easier it is to get caught up in all of your responsibilities. You want to make a good impression to the rest of the world, but the expectations society has for us can often be overwhelming. Add kids to the mix, and if you're not careful, you can turn into one of those people who never have any fun. French author Honoré Balzac once said, "Marriage must fight constantly against a monster which devours everything: routine.” I think he's right. While it may seem important to always behave in a sensible and serious way, if left unchecked, it can turn you into a very boring person. In addition to intimacy, fun is critical to your satisfaction in your relationship.No matter what's going on in your life, make time to have fun and try new things, or prepare to watch your relationship suffer.

Image Source


Thanks for Reading!
                                                           

No comments