Top 10 Spring 2015 Must-Haves

I am super excited about the upcoming warmer weather, which means spring outfits! I am chomping at the bit to start building my spring wardrobe. I have already purchased a couple of things, but still need to pick up some of the newest trends! Here's a list of the top must-haves for this season which can be mixed and matched to create a ton of cool looks! Some of these are classics and some are brand new for the season.

1. White Skinny Jeans

I just picked up a pair a few weeks ago, and I can't wait to wear them. White jeans can be paired with all types of bright colored tops throughout spring and summer, and can be dressed up with heels or down with flats.

2. Bright Tunic 

A bright tunic is ultra-flattering, summery, and can be paired with your white jeans and heels for a night out, or used as a bathing suit cover-up for days on the beach! I haven't found the perfect bright tunic yet, but I'm on the hunt!


3. Envelope Clutch

These were all the rage over the fall and winter, and it doesn't seem like they are going away. They may not be the most practical thing for every day use, but they are great for a night out or a special event. They really do make a difference in your outfit. Trust me.
4. Soft-Colored Trench Coat

I may be a little behind, but this seems new for the year. I do like it, though. It will go great with white skinny jeans and a bright top. I haven't picked one out yet. I'll probably end up going with a neutral color, like soft gray or khaki for more versatility, but I do like the pastels, too. Maybe I will find a great sale and get a couple!

5. Nude Sandals

With all the brights and whites, you will need a pair of nude sandals. You really can't go wrong with them. You don't have to worry about them clashing with your bright colors and they will instantly make your outfit look more on-trend. As an added bonus, they elongate your legs when worn with skirts, dresses, shorts, and capris, therefore making you appear taller and thinner. 


6. Floppy Hat


Floppy hats are incredibly flattering to most head shapes and will instantly make your outfit look glamorous. People may see you and wonder if you are someone famous! They also protect your face from the sun and are therefore perfect to wear on the beach, not to mention hide a bad hair day! Play around with floppy hats in the store to find your favorite. I think they look best with a big pair of elegant looking sunglasses.

7. Multicolor Statement Necklace

If you read my blog, you know I love statement necklaces! I think you should have a good one for spring and summer, preferably one that's colorful so you can wear it with a lot of different outfits!


8. Boyfriend Jeans

After spending the winter cramming myself into skinnies, I welcome boyfriend jeans! They fit looser, and you can dress them up by pairing them with heels and a cute tank top, or dress them down with a t-shirt and flip flops or sneakers. 
9. Sparkly Sandals

When your outfit is bright, go with the neutral sandals, but when your outfit is composed of neutrals/solids, or if you are feeling particularly adventurous, wear sandals with some bling! My advice is to stick to flats or low wedges, since high heels and sparkles together can tend to look over-formal or even cheap if you aren't careful!

10. Floral Print Dress 

Make sure you have a nice, comfortable floral or tropical print dress this spring and summer season. It's great to have something that you can dress up with a cardigan and heels or dress down with flip flops, and it's also nice and cool for warm weather days.


No comments