Cool Palette


I decided to throw this together this morning on the spur of the moment! Sometimes the things you anticipate the least end up being some of the best! Cool colors can usually be combined pretty freely without looking weird. With warm colors, you have to be more careful.



Basically, I decided to start with this necklace, and build my whole outfit around it. These rhinestone statement necklaces are everywhere now. I've seen them for under $10.00. 



Most of the time we think about accessories as "afterthoughts" but sometimes the reason we love a necklace so much in the first place is because it has such a great color scheme!


This coat is a centerpiece in my winter wardrobe. I have broad shoulders, so I have to be careful with pea coats, because often they can make me look like a linebacker. This coat is hands down the best wool pea coat I've ever worn. It is extremely well made. I'm sure it will last me many years, and the style is timeless. The cut is tailored for a super feminine fit that reminds me of Kate Middleton.  If you click on the link, you will see they are quite pricey. I got this coat BRAND NEW on eBay last year for about $150.00. If you can't find the one you want on eBay, J.Crew has excellent promotions around the holidays that end up being up to $150 off, so that could be another option if you are interested. 
Or you could ask Santa! ;-)



To me, the necklace makes the whole look make sense. Kind of a like a man's tie. Without it, it's just a random pairing of colors that coexist peacefully without purpose.



That's it guys! I'm off to work!

XOXO! - Dana

Dress: Old Navy (old)
Shoes: Nine West (old)
Coat: J Crew
Necklace: The Limited

2 comments

  1. Favorite outfit thus far! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren! I am flattered that you are reading it! You are one of the people who inspired me to make a blog in the first place. As you can see, I have your blog listed as one of my favorites on my page!

      Delete