Better-than-TGI Friday's Spinach & Artichoke Dip



I can't really take full credit for this recipe. It was actually passed to me by my step-mom. But I've been making it myself for years, and everyone always says it's the best spinach and artichoke dip they've ever had. I think the magic ingredients are the chilies and the garlic salt. It's a big crowd-pleaser and it's super-easy to make. It's also surprisingly low-carb. (except for the chips) I have been known to substitute this for dinner at times!





Ingredients: 

1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
1 can of artichoke hearts
I package of frozen chopped spinach
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies
1 heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 heaping tablespoon of sour cream
1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
garlic salt
Dipping Chips (can substitute celery or carrot sticks for low-carb)




Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain the can of artichoke hearts and chop finely. Thaw and drain frozen spinach.


Combine cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, chilies, sour cream, mayonnaise, and a handful of the mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. 


Mix with spatula until all ingredients are well blended. Add garlic salt to taste. (I usually sprinkle all the way around the bowl two times.)


Spread mixture into a baking dish. You can use a variety of sizes. The bigger your dish, the quicker the mixture will heat, and the smaller your dish, the longer it will take. Nothing is technically "cooking" here. You're basically just heating it up and melting the cheese. 


Cover the top of the mixture with the remaining cheese. 


Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated all the way through. 


Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. 


Dig in and enjoy!!

No comments