Electric Elegance


 A few months ago, I started watching the television show Revenge on Netflix. In my opinion, the best dressed of all the characters is Ashley Davenport. Once I saw her in one of the episodes with this dress I knew I wanted to try it out for myself!




Unfortunately, her dress is L'wren Scott and retails for about $1,000. Who has that kind of money to spend on a bold statement piece that you will probably only wear once or twice? Or any dress for that matter! Not me!

My Solution: eBay!





Can you believe I got this dress for $21.84?


There were tons of colors available, so if you've got $20 and 3 weeks to wait for it, (it comes from China) this dress can be yours!

(A word to the wise: cheap garments tend to run small so SIZE UP if you get this dress! No one sees or cares what size is on the tag! )


I think when you wear a dress this bold, you should tone down your accessories. I know I say this all the time, but balance is pleasing to the eye!




If you're like me, and feel like your outfit just isn't complete without some sparkle, try keeping the bling away from your torso and face, for example, by wearing it on your wrist or your fingers. It won't make your whole ensemble look too busy that way.


Electric yellow isn't exactly the most slimming color in the world, so a form fitting black jacket and a black belt give the illusion of a smaller waist. 





I think that every woman can pull off a bright dress. What is most important is how you frame the bright dress. Your jacket, shoes, jewelry, and belt will make all the difference in whether your final look is classy or cheap.




I hope everyone has a great week! 


"'Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it." - Yves Saint Laurent


Dress: eBay
Shoes: Franco Sarto






No comments