New Year's Day Traditions


I spent New Year's Day in Wilson with my family. Here's a peek at what went on at the Stone house! First, I had to bring in the new year with a great outfit!








 I wanted to wear an outfit that felt crisp, clean, and fresh, to represent the clean slate of a new year. The weather was beautiful, and it was the perfect time to try out my new camera! I am still learning how to use it, so bear with me!

Outfit:
Coat: J. Crew Sweater: The Limited Jeans: HSN Boots: Kohl's Scarf: J. Jill (old) Bag: ShoeDazzle(old)


While I was taking blog pictures, my dad and my brothers were squirrel hunting with the dogs. Meet Ruger and Rambo, the newest members of the family, added in early 2014! They are Mountain Feists, specially bred for hunting squirrel, but they also make great companion dogs. My dad is obsessed with them, and I have to say that I am pretty attached as well. Seen pictured is Ruger, smiling for the camera. Rambo is in the background. He wasn't into posing for pictures.


We hung out for a while while dinner was cooking. Dinner was the traditional southern New Year's Day meal: ham, collards, black eyed peas, red potatoes, and rolls.


The Christmas place settings have been put away, and have been replaced with clean and classic black and white settings, perfect for New Year's.



Yum!


Of course, Ruger and Rambo were not going to be left out! They have been spoiled rotten over the past few weeks and their table manners have suffered!!!


I hope everyone else had a great New Year's Day! May 2015 bring you great things!!

XOXO! - Dana

No comments